Office of Performance Improvement
Performance improvement is a shared effort that happens throughout the Ohio Department of Health, not only in the Office of the Performance Improvement.
Optimizing public health outcomes through knowledge management and continuous performance improvement.
To guide the Ohio Department of Health through the strategic planning process as a continuous quality improvement effort. To provide operational information and actionable recommendations to support and improve internal and external decision making. To demonstrate accountability through use of data, evaluation and information systems measuring programs’ effectiveness, efficiency and impact on public health, and allowing for critical assessment and corrective actions.
To focus on the Ohio Department of Health's ability to meet its goals and achieve its mission through measuring the efficiency and effectiveness of its operations, assessing the level to which ODH programs address the priorities of their key stakeholders and assessing ODH's financial sustainability.
Organizational Performance Indicators: The organizational performance can be measured in terms of four key indicators:
- Effectiveness: the degree to which the organization achieves its objectives;
- Efficiency: the degree to which it generates its products using a minimum of inputs;
- Relevance: the degree to which the organization’s objectives and activities reflect the necessities and priorities of key stakeholders; and
- Financial sustainability: the conditions to make an organization financially viable.
Performance Improvement is about:
- Continuously finding new and improved ways of doing things we do every day in every department. Here is an example.
- Improving processes and systems, as well as improving individual work standards and habits.
- Developing measures ODH can use to compare itself to others or to our past performance, so we and our stakeholders have a clear understanding of our performance gaps, highlights and performance progress.
- Making sure the right data is available for decision-making. Here is an example.
Office of Performance Improvement Entails Three Distinct Areas:
Center for Public Health Statistics and Informatics
Office of Vital Statistics
Ohio Department of Health, Office of Performance Improvement (OPI)
246 North High Street, 7th Floor
Columbus, OH 43215
Telephone: (614) 752-5112
Fax: (614) 644-8526
Email: Office of Performance Improvement
Last Updated: 2/6/2013